WFBG will ensure that children are safe from abuse and in which any suspicion of abuse is responded to quickly and appropriately. In order to do so:
- All Management Committee members will undergo a police check. It will be made clear to management committee members that the positions are exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- All management committee members will be asked to provide a reference who has known them for a lengthy period. All such references will be followed up.
- We will make training available to all management committee members and volunteers to ensure that they are able to recognise signs of possible abuse and will react appropriately.
- Children remain the responsibility of their parents or carers who remain with them throughout the drop in sessions and other events. No one, other than a parent or carer should take a child to the toilet.
- Adults who do not have children are not eligible to join WFBG.
- Adults who are not accompanied by children are not entitled to attend the drop in sessions unless they are invited by a management committee member.
- The venue selected for drop in events will make it possible to closely supervise children at all times.
- It is the responsibility of all volunteers and management committee members to maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to the group by parents/carers or children that is not otherwise readily available to the public.
- If a child physical, emotional wellbeing or behaviour gives rise to suspicions of abuse occurring at home or elsewhere, the group will continue to welcome the family whilst investigations are going. These concerns will be raised with the family and social services will be informed.